Yes, I understand how to do it that way Allison, but it's a tedious process for eight or more rings. I have a feeling that someone here knows how to do it without all the repetition.

If you consider my original quest for the segmented circles - that turns out to be so much simpler (at the moment) than just getting the circles without segments. I have little doubt that one of the Xtreme Gurus will have a simple answer.

The truth is that to me some aspects of Xtreme's behaviour seem quite bizarre. The initial stages of converting lines to shapes in the segment creation process leaves us with white shapes and black lines and eventually we end up with black shapes and a surplus black circle with spokes.

Now I don't really follow exactly what Xtreme does when converting lines to shapes or maipulating multiple shapes in groups that causes the clever behaviour. I guess I need to check out the documentation, but I'm sure I'm not alone in finding it a difficullt thing to follow.

Do gurus get to be gurus by understanding or tinkering? Whatever the answer I really do appreciate the help I've had.