Klaus started a thread in the New Gear Forum on a program called S-Spline. You can find the thread here. I just downloaded the program demo and trying it out I was struck by how great it would be if the next version of Xara X incorporated the technology.

The S-Spline program allows high-quality resizing of bitmap images. I can imagine a future Xara X that would apply the licenced algorithms automatically whenever a bitmap is resized. That would greatly add to Xara's bitmap support and further enhance what can be achieved with Xara X. I believe Xara X should do something like this and keep Xara X leading edge.

If royalties make such an idea difficult, I'd suggest incorporating the capability as a plugin feature. Charge extra for the plugin. It is such a powerful technology and so relavant to working with bitmaps in xara that I, and I suspect many others, would be willing to pay extra to have it. The plugin approach could be very marketable.

In the meantime I'll just have to buy S-Spline. Oh how much nicer (and productive) it would be to have it do its magic automatically within xara.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>