Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Exclamation Feedback from a new user.

Got Xtreme 5 yesterday and have been playing around with it for about 7 hours total now. Here are my comments as to the user friendly and other things I've noticed so far.
    (I currently use Web Studio 4.(WS4) http://webstudio.com and am comparing to this software) I wanted to find another user friendly web builder.

1. Not user friendly for beginners. (nor I suspect intermediate users)

2. Biggest disappointment so far... The total lack of being able to drag and drop animated .Gifs into either the header or anywhere else. If nothing else, I cannot believe animated .gifs created with "Xara 3D" can't be dragged and dropped into "Xtreme 5"
    2.a The .gifs that are dropped do not work properly. Example: In WS4 I can click on "import" go to the .gif and click ok to load my Xara3D animated header (and it works flawlessly) I can resize it to whatever dimensions I want by dragging the size window... Not so with X5 (come on guys, it's your own software) Does not even recognize the Xara3D format.

3. Definitly a powerful program, but limited web templates make it useless for new users.

4. Wow, if you could take the user friendly abilities of WS4 and make Xtreme5 that way, you'd have one heck of a program.

5. Love Xara 5.... Don't like Xtreme. (for the above reasons)
    Most look for software that doesn't need such a learning curve. Think more work needs to be done to make it more user friendly to the beginner or intermediate user.

6. If you could incorporate the ability to seamlessly add animated .gifs (or at least the Xara3D recognition) that would sure beat the horrid stripped down version you've added to Xtreme5. (lol, after using Xara3D for several years

Sorry Xara, but the forum did say "feed back". Hopefully you'll take a look at WS4 and see what I mean. I say this understanding the differences between Flash and WYSIWYG. You make some terrific software.... Now if you can just make it more user friendly
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 30 September 2009 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Remove live URL - probably a SPAM post, we'll see