Well I guess it was just a shot in the dark wuerthne. Maybe just coincidence with my font theory. I don't doubt your skills.

Yes I saw an error on the 'save' but had no control from there on.

Anyway, I downloaded and now use Xareg suggested by the above and I feel much better now about working in Xara. It's a great utility. So thanks much to the creator of the Utility.. (sorry the name escapes me)

In fact during a save yesterday, I got one of those that killed my file again. But thanks to Xareg, I recovered.

Ya know, I'm not trying to be a pain in the butt, or complain. Xara has become my absolute favorite program. I have dumped Illustrator CS4, Serif, and a few others to moved over to Xtreme because of it's power and ease of use. This program makes even a half-assed designer and page layout guy like me look good.

But, I have no other program that this happens to. So I'm going to accept that there's some other interaction happening between SOMETHING in my system and Xara. So if it's not the font thing...... I took the next steps.

I have literally stripped, and I mean STRIPPED my system of ANY unnecessary start-up and background programs that have been present during my Xara use. I have even uninstalled a dozen or so other programs from the system, keeping only what is necessary so as not to possibly interfere with my Xara use. Even cleaned the reg of all left over residue, and performed all other possibilities that may have or might interfere.

I now have a lean mean fast machine.

I have used the program for approx 8 hours today without a hitch. So maybe I hit on the prob. If not, I will keep troubleshooting.

Thanks

Cliff