Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Hi, my name is Rob and I just registered to this forum. I recently invested in Bodypaint 3D (standalone version for Macintosh) and I’m trying to texture the creature The Kraik* that I modelled in Amapi just for personal use and study poly modelling. Keep on trying for about 3 weeks by now but getting no-where. Tried all kinds of mapping, did optimal mapping (puzzled a map together, but did’nt like the end result)...
    The best mapping projection I found for my model I think is cylindrical, but I end up with cylindrical disturbings (see my JPEG attachment below).

My question; Is there a kind, patient BodyPaint 3D user in this forum who can help me with some clear advice how to create the perfect map or who knows how to get rid of those nasty circular disturbing when using cylindrical or spherical mapping? When looking e.g. at the maps of DAZ 3D Victoria I see maps that are symmetrically
    perfect - a little bit like, again, the spherical mapping technique without disturbing...
    When using optimal mapping mode in BP3D the polys are spread out over the 2D texture surface and are impossible to create back a symmetrical looking map (I used the magnet option, that works nice when you get the hang of it, but deforms to much to get symmetrical left and right sides)...
    Hope my question is clear enough, when not; don’t hesitate to mail me for more info...

Hope to hear from you all, cheers,

Rob

*(The Kraik creature is (copyright owned) created by concept artist Feng Zhu - check out his great concept-ART on his site www.artbyfeng.com)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Limit-3d_B.jpg 
Views:	523 
Size:	254.3 KB 
ID:	2329