Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
Apologies if this is a language problem, but you are not part of Xara's marketing team, unless you are employed by Xara.
Hehe, yes this is a misunderstanding. I'm not part of Xara's marketing team and I don't see the necessity for other members to act like a member of their marketing team - unless they are paid for doing this (no, I don't think Xara will spend money for this...).

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
It seems to me that Xara have gained many more users by the introduction of the Web portion of the programme, than they have lost by not updating the vector tools. Therefore their marketing team is obviously doing things right from their point of view.
On the other side: Do you know the number of selled licenses? I don't think so, because they will not be published. It's also not known how many new forum members are just giving the new demo version a trial and are asking questions about this and how many are actually making a purchase decision.

I could name you the amount of the loss of the current segment, where Xara Ltd. belongs to, if that's interesting for you. If they are really successful with their strategy, you should see a significant change in the loss within the current quarter.

But I must say, I'm not so much interested in their business success. If they go down the hill - so what. If they have great success - so what. My work with their vector editor will not influenced by this - until they're offering some important improvements I'm interested in. Simple like that.

Remi