Greetings!

Just joined, have one of those questions that usually no one has an answer for (Win blue screen of death like) but, nevertheless...

Anyone else using Xara (this has been a nightmare since Corel Xara 1.0 and happens in all machines I have tried Xara on... up to my present machine, P4 / 1.7 GHz, running Win 2000 PRO with over 1 GB of RAM... so, it's not hardware muscle that is missing...) Here it is:
Serious Error from Xara X
Access violation exeption at offset 0x00406146 (this always changes of course...)
[Quit] button being the only option available...
Result: Xara freezes, crashes, and work is lost.

This happens randomly, and 'weirdly'... Sometimes if some element is moved over the edge of the screen, or close to a guideline, sometimes after drag&drop of a group of objects/elements, sometimes when hand grabs desktop and moves it (assuming some element is moved also where it shouldn't resulting in same error), etc...

Since this may well have no solution, would it be a good idea for Xara to think about a little upgrade including all those so obvious config options some of us would like to see (I certainly would... like):

-Set defaults for templates (including fonts, etc.)
-Make bars more configurable
-Autosave every ... 'x' minutes feature (yep I do forget to hit ctrl+s when I am really into work...)

Anything in the works you know of, Gary?

Kindest regards,

Joao

[This message was edited by Joao on August 18, 2001 at 04:40.]