Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hahn View Post
Ah, the wonders of drawing in layers. Foreground and background objects can be draw on separate layers using Xara's layer gallery. You can edit any and everything independently.
When I mentioned foreground and background I was talking about perspective, not layers. You have Joe Blow standing in the foreground and way back in the distance you have a building. The lines you use for Joe are much thicker than for the building, because it’s in the distance. If there is a cactus between Joe and the distant building, then its line is somewhere between Joe’s and the building’s, in thickness, and so on. If you gave them all the same thickness they would lose some of that illusion of perspective.

Cheers.
Cheers Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
And what I am saying is that you are wrong here. You can't judge what's best for any particular person based on the majority.
I think we judge things like this all day long. What shoes are best for my daughter? What car is best for my mother? What Christmas present would my brother like? Who is the best singing tutor for my son?

Humans also constantly give advice to others about tools they recommend.
Using the other approach, a conversation would go like this:

Allen: I recommend the Stanley Screwdriver over the Smith screwdriver, as it will last much longer.

Bill: Hey, now don’t be telling my son what screwdriver to use. You can’t judge what is best for him. He must find out for himself.

Allen: Well how is he gonna find out if nobody tells him what they think?

Bill: Never mind that. He can try out all the different screwdrivers, and learn by experience.

Allen: Sure, if you say so. In my own case I’ll tell my son what I’ve learned, to save him the trouble of having to learn the hard way.

If I think drawing by hand, using ink and pen, is a more effective way to draw comics at this time in history, I’ll tell budding comic artists that. I will also recommend they import their scans into Xara to do all the rest.