Hi all,
I ran into a problem recently and thought I would pass it along to this forum for opinions. I just completed 6 panels for Battleship Cove that have a background that was suposed to be a navy blue. By that I mean that master color is a dark gray blue and used a conicule blend using various shades for that color. The CMYK is:
C = 68
M = 68
Y = 48
K = 0
I looked at this background on several different computers (the Cove has 10 seats of XaraX and I have one) and the background color look pretty much as I had intended it to look. Print out using an Epson 1520 four color inkjet printer also look nearly the same. I exported the files as TIFFs and looked at them using several different viewer and graphics applications, and once again they look thta same. The files were sent to a printer that we have used before with good results. The images were printed on large PVC panels and laminated. When we got the panels back the background came out, what could best be described, as a rose color. The printer says that equal values of Cyan and Magenta will give a rose color. I cannot really disput this, but if that is so, why would the printouts made on the Epson not show this. I have not done enough with comercial printing to know if this is really the case. I understand that monitor colors and printed colors are often not the same, but this is very different, and strangely all the other colors seem to be as expected.
If any of you would share your experiences I would appreciate it.
Thanks
John D