Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Magnifying Glass and Xara 5 Logo

The history of this is that I was doodling in an attempt to create a Logo for the recent competition and I had typed "Xara" using the Abbey Medium font.
    This I altered with the Mold Tool, then cloned and gave each a different shade of cyan. I then created a 999 step blend of the two "Xara"s. I noticed that this method created "jaggies". I never progressed with the logo competition because of the jaggies, but my intention was to post an enlarged section of the logo as seen through a magnifying glass to show these jaggies, and to ask what, if anything could be done to eradicate them.
    By creating a bitmap copy of a circular selection and using the fisheye perspective deformation filter in Xara's Live Effects, the jaggies had pretty much disappeared! If you look closely you may be able to discern the jaggies in the area outside the magnifying glass. I had wanted to create the Xara text with blends and not the extrude tool. However the magnifying glass was made with the extrude tool, except for the "glass" - just a couple of highlights. I liked the end result anyway, and probably would have submitted it to Gary for the contest, but I had run out of time.
    If anyone knows how to create the blend for the text minus the jaggies I'd like to know.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara 5.jpg 
Views:	613 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	51571  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.