Hello all,

I'm new to Xara and just installed the trial yesterday. I usually do my graphics with CorelDraw or Photoshop. So far I'm amazed of thing you can do with it - but I'm a little confused about the "Vector based thing"

The main software I work with, is an embroidery software that is vector based. When I draw e.g. a circle in Corel, I just select the circle and cut & paste it from Corel into my software and I have the circle as an vector object there. This apparently does not work with Xara I have the sandglass for a moment but nothing is inserted. Does anyone know why this could be ?

Yesterday I tried to do a graphic with a text in 3D view. So I typed the text and used the extrusion tool - looked great, but my goal was to just have the outlines of the text itself and the extrusion (like I would need for a cutter). So my thought was just to convert everything into shapes, set the fill to transparent and have the thin outlines but it didn't work that way. Always only had extrusion, clipped photos etc. never got a hold of the vector objects itself - what did I do wrong ?

I used the search function here, and found a couple threads and saw often that you "hand trace" objects - is it that I have do in this case ? How do you actually do those "hand traces" - with the freehand tool ?

Sorry for this long thread - but I'm pretty about those things

Greets, Andrea