Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Remembering default settings with XP4

When I draw, I like certain attributes to have a specific value as a default. My default template has those attributes set, for example, line width, shapes have no fill, and font size.

For a new file, the attributes of the template are used in the drawing. But, after closing the drawing file and reopening it, the attributes are reset to XP4 default values, which are different than my defaults. Out of the Box, XP4 always opens a file and sets attributes to their default values. XXP 3 did the same thing. see <http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=28359>.

A "secret" registry entry will allow XP4 to remember certain set attributes when drawings are reopened. The following registry entry has a default value of 0. Changing the value to 1 will make XP4 remember set attributes when reopening a drawing file.
    <HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro\4.0\Opt ions\Filters\LoadCurrentAttributes>

The attached txt file can be run to set XP4 to remember set attributes. After downloading it, change the extension from .txt to .reg

CAUTION: NEVER blindly run a program downloaded from the Internet. Before double-clicking the downloaded file, it is always a good idea to open it with Notepad to verify that it is doing only what is advertised. In this case, a single registry entry is being changed to a data value of 1 (default is 0).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Tom aka Patent Guy (an engineer/patent attorney doing line drawings)
    www.KnoxPatents.com