- I like your point about arrows Ship. They could add a slider which adjust the size & or location on the line similar to the blend & contours sub menu or tool options. They should have fixed the arrow problem eons ago! The fact that it's better to make your own arrows than use those in the line gallery speaks volumes!
- Speaking of the Line Gallery. What about dash line spacing? If your lucky & can find one that works you have to Alt+R+L, so when you scale, it stays the same. Much room for improvement with the line gallery! Dash spacing - Please fix.

I'll be purchasing X4 soon. I hope they fixed the bitmap galleries to the way they worked in all versions prior to X3. By far, this has been my biggest disappointment with Xara's usability thus far. Broken record, I know...

-What sounds good is the "text to shape". Hope this allows us to put blocks of text inside shapes. Hate having to use CorelDraw for this.
-When using multiple colors on a color line. The ability to see what color each block on the line represents will be helpful. Sounds nice! A timely fix I might add.
-The font gallery sounds promising. To see more than AaBbCc... will be helpful.

Looking forward to the new release.

Anyone know if X4 can import AI files or AI PDF's? I see PDF has been upgraded, this should be helpful.

Unfortunately, AI is the industry standard PERIOD. I recently did a business card in Xpro3 & I had to send the output to an Illustrator dominated-Print Shop. Keep in mind, I'm the Art Director at a textile print shop. (A Xara dominated shop & I've touted Xara as the industry secret)
-I converted every line to shape, No transparency's, All fills linear or flat, shapes subtracted etc... I went back & forth with them, to many times to count. Fixing & re-exporting the PDF at least 10 times. All this for a simple 2 color design using Black & A Metallic Spot. What a nightmare, I was jumping through every hoop imaginable to get them something they could use! In the end I had to use a bitmap for the art portions of the card & they had to hack that up. I wouldn't wish this experience on anyone! One of the biggest issues I had is with Xara turning gradients of a solid spot color into another color upon import to AI.

In the future, I hope things will improve with the communication & or usability between Illustrator & Xara files. I can only hope & pray so... At least better import options for AI files. Might be a pipe dream

wW