Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

OK, so after procrastinating for a week about this, almost final, step to the compleation of 'Mom's Angel' I got busy and created a feather.

I need some input on it. Keeping in mind that they have to stack with a natural form. BUT they must have an etherial look to them.

How to make an object like this more etherial looking?? Is this the right shape for this type of feather?? I'm fairly happy with the blue tones themselves. BUT after taking a bitmap copy of it and overlaying it onto the wing, it's not really as I would like it. Maybe remove the gray undertone?? The lines widths are all present and changed to a light blue to give it more of a glow and I don't think it would be good idea to try to add any feathering to them or I may loose minute detail that needs to be there. Remember it's going to be printed out smaller than I would like, but my Mom wants a smallish picture, so the detail has to show even small. It's current size (the angel herself) is H/1152 px X W/792 px without the background and frame I created (XaraX [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] )

Any way, I would appreciate comments from our animal experts (Maya....et all) here and anyone else that can maybe think along metaphysical lines.

Kinda like doing Pan (God pan, not frying pan [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ) you have to take a goat and a human and blend them in together. The angel wings have to look like they would lift her up but remain etherial looking.

Also I think I will be posting her in the mixed bag Gallery here at Talk Graphics when she is finished. It's all a mixture of PhotoPaint and XaraX so I don't think the piece will qualify for a Xara Gallery or PhotoPaint forum, in all fairness.

Thanks so much

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by RAMWolff on March 12, 2002 at 16:02.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Feather.gif 
Views:	737 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	13486  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---