Ok, I don't get the nuances of Xara's color and export machinery. I've got a specific task and am wondering how one would make it work, entirely within Xara, partially using Xara, or even to know if it requires another app entirely.

I have a vinyl printer that requires an EPS as RIP input...so far, so good, as it will accept Xara EPS files. But it also has a cutter, which interprets a spot color named "CutPath" as the cutting path.

Efforts to define and output a line in this spot color have proven fruitless(I can make Illustrator do it, but I wanna use Xara!). Xara seems to redefine any line as a normal color. I name and define a spot color, but when I go back and look at it in the color editor, it's turned back into a normal color.

What am I doing wrong? And will an exported Xara EPS contain the line defined as a named spot color?

Also: when you define the color space in "page properties", doesn't it change all the document colors to that color space? So why does the exported EPS still contain colors in both, say, RGB and CMYK when I open it in Illustrator?

Have mercy on my poor brain...this one's driving me nuts. Thanks.

David