Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

In this tread John was asking about wrinkled effects. Egg posted a photorealistic example that, if I understand correctly, was produced with a three-D modeling program. I don't use 3-d modeling programs so I do what I can in Xara. I've found in the past that it isn't all that important to wrinkle the linework to get a wrinkled look --- often a fake can suit the need.

What I did below was very easy. To get the wrinkles I overlayed a bitmap of wrinkled paper (the same source texture Gary used in the other thread). It was contoned to lessen its contrast & make it look more like a greyscale image. Stained glass transparency was applied with an eliptical shape. The eliptical handles were adjusted so the centre was more transparent than the edges. That transparent bit map was cloned and changed to bleach transparency. The handles were adjusted some.

I think the end result gets the idea of a wrinkled blueprint across without being a complicated approach. It is funny-strange that when you look at the drawing it can look like the sketch is distorted by the wrinkles even though it isn't. Your mind is perceiving it as wrinkled.

I'm going to Annapolis Royal this afternoon. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oldsketch3.jpg 
Views:	546 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	13890