Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Webstyle4/Dreamweaver MX NavBar Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Pete,

This appears in your raw code:

<script webstyle4>document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="xaramenu.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>');document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="FrankenmouseTeeMenu/payment_types.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>');/*img src="FrankenmouseTeeMenu/Payment_Types.gif" moduleid="Frankenmouse3color (Project)\Payment_Types_off.xws"*/</script>

The 'src' URLs are highlighted in red, and I was going to suggest that you insert a full URL here, but I don't think this matters in the least. The 'img' and 'xws' references have been commented out, as you'd expect but, as Bill has said, there is no indication of the 'menu' graphic, which must exist for it to be displayed. I assume the menu graphic is "Payment_Types.gif"?

I think it is "back to the drawing board" time!
    The "FrankenmouseTeeMenu" is the folder the Nav Bar gifs and links are in.

Right, the menu graphics are "Payment_Types.gif"

One thing I noticed though, when you brought this to my attention. While trying to solve another problem I had, unable to upload to remote site from Dreamweaver (turned out I had made an error in defining the remote site), I went back and got rid of all the upper case letters and unneeded spaces. I made sure I changed it in all files used on the local site. But now I notice the uppercase letters still appear in the raw code you copied. Does Dreamweaver puts in it's own uppercase letters into raw code when needed? If not, then some uppercase letters remain even after I changed the files.

Should I go into the raw code and change the upper to lower case to match my current files? (after making a copy of it just in case)

There is mention of the menu graphic in the separate "payment_types.js" file and mention of "mouse over behaviors" in the "xaramenu.js" file.

ALSO, this is in the code of my home page (from local site), from the position of my nav bar; I see this on my remote site too.

<div id="NavBarLowPipe" style="position:absolute; width:702px; height:187px; z-index:16; left: 160px; top: 370px; background-image: url(eeltankbanner/homemicetoppermiddlebottom.jpg); layer-background-image: url(eeltankbanner/homemicetoppermiddlebottom.jpg); border: 1px none #000000;">
    <script webstyle4>document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="xaramenu.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>');document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="FrankenmouseTeeMenu/payment_types.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>');/*img src="FrankenmouseTeeMenu/Payment_Types.gif" moduleid="Frankenmouse3color (Project)\Payment_Types_off.xws"*/</script>
    </div>

I thought this was the code that would allow an association with the "payment_types.js" (gif files) and the "xaramenu.js" files.

Thanks.................................Pete

........................Pete
    Last edited by ww1aero; 25 February 2008 at 12:48 AM.