Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default arrows - just how difficult can they be?

For some time now I have been getting an RSS feed of Matt Kloskowski's excellent series of Photoshop
    Killer Tips video tutorials.

Today's offering has me considering not the work of the excellent
    Mr. Kloskowski, but the validity of Photoshop itself. If the industry
    standard makes the drawing of arrows difficult enough for a video to be
    considered required viewing in order to produce them, then I'd say that perhaps Photoshop has outlived its usefulness.
    This isn't meant as an Adobe bashing, it's the industry's slavish adoption of Photoshop that I find puzzling. Nor is it a comparison between Photoshop CorelDraw and Xara
    as they are horses of a different colour, but given that CorelDraw has its very own tool to do the job, and in our beloved Xara it is simplicity itself,
    why does Photoshop* have to make such a big production of it, actually saying, although not in so many words, "drawing arrows is such a difficult thing to do in Photoshop, but here's a video to help overcome the
    steep learning curve."
    *As The National Association of Photoshop Professionals are behind these videos, I imagine that Adobe must approve of them.

Anyhow, the point is (no pun intended) how do you do arrows with Xara? This isn't really a challenge, but show us your examples. Or to put it
    another way, I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arrows.jpg 
Views:	633 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	42990  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.