Hi all,

99% of my use of Xara is for designing websites and producing website graphics. On web pages, there is no such thing as half a pixel - everything is placed on pixel boundaries.

What I want to do is somehow prevent Xara from ever letting me position a shape or line anywhere except on a pixel boundary.

Now, I know I can have grid snapping turned on with a minor spacing of 1px to achieve basically what I want, but I find many of the tools in Xara will reposition objects (not snapped to the grid). For example, creating a rectangle won't snap to a grid when you create it. Neither will moving a rectangle around. Or if you change the line width on a rectangle it will change its x,y coordinate.... etc etc.

One of the other side affects of not positioning things on pixel boundaries is the anti-aliasing of straight lines - if you line something up on a pixel boundary, as far as I can tell you get "cleaner" lines with less visible anti-aliasing.

What I find myself doing is creating guides everywhere (at proper pixel boundaries), and enabling snap-to-guides (which do thankfully snap to your grid spacing by default). But I still end up having to re-snap objects to the grid throughout a typical session.

Does this frustrate anyone else? Anyone have any suggestions to make it less painful? Anyone else think it might be a useful feature?

(if I've missed the obvious option that will sort this out for me, I'll owe someone a large beer and many thanks!)

Regards,

James