Hi all,

I've been using Corel Xara for ages, was delighted to discover Xara X and have just downloaded and bought it (waiting for the CD to arrive). Thing is, I can't work out the brush thing properly and I'm not sure if it's working correctly...

For instance, if I decide to use the airbrush, it's blue. I can change the color of the brush stroke *after* I've drawn it by clicking the color as normal in Xara; but what I want to do is be able to get a (say) red airbrush which will draw every stroke as red. I.e. I want to set the default color of the brush on the fly... If I change the default (local?) color, i.e. with no object selected, I still get a blue airbrush. However, if I have the edit brush window open, then click anywhere (even the title bar) on that window, the stroke changes color to the default color I selected, as if the color changes aren't "taking" until the edit brush window gets focus.

Is this normal behaviour, a known bug in the download version or is something screwy on my system? Considering the slickness of the Xara interface I can't believe that the designers expect one to create a new brush for every color one wishes to use! (Presumably to do that, I'd have to have a soft edged circle on the pasteboard, keep changing the color of that circle, and hitting "create brush"..? The only other way would to keep drawing in blue then applying color changes retrospectively?

Many, many thanks for any help with this.

BTW, I just love the rest of the updates from Corel Xara. The bevel tool is just *amazing*. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img])

Jax