Hi,
I’m new here and have questions. I have already tried to run a search for one of the answers with no luck.

I am trying out the Xara Xtreme demo and will likely be purchasing it before the weekend is over, however when I try to export to emf all I get is a blank ‘picture’. Since I am only doing a basic trial I am doing shapes is circles, hearts and such and I need the smooth edges as I would like to then open my designs in a digitizing program so I can digitize the design to embroider on an embroidery sewing machine. Obviously the smoother the line the nicer the stitch out will be for me, with the program I am testing they only have 4 formats available bmp, jpg, gif and emf. Personally I don’t feel the first three choices are an option when smooth is what a person is looking for.

My questions are what are the likely things I am doing wrong when I export to emf that gives me a blank picture? So far I have drawn a picture saved it as name.xar then exported it at name.emf. I have also drawn a picture and only exported as name2.emf without first saving it as an xar.

As I give my opinions on this digitizing software I am testing is there a format you could suggest that I request them to add into their program that will give the nice smooth lines and that Xara Xtreme nicely exports too?

Thank you for your help I look forward to learning a lot from all of you and someday being able to help others with XX.