Mulling through my past creations and remembered the one I'm posting. I think I had a cold that week, and had nothing better to do than to draw the legendary Oroe cookie embellishments in CorelDRAW.

Then it occured to me that I could extrude the design and actually make the cookie.
I think a lot these days about the right tool for the right assignment.

And by the way, Earl, I feel Photoshop is way high in price, as are all the other Adobe products. But we cannot deny that they yield professional results. I've kept upgrading to PageMaker all these years, and Adobe has provided me with updates as an "influence peddler"...IOW an author.

I go back to, "Why should I give up 10 freaking years' experience in PageMaker to switch to Quark? I've seen the extensions, which are supposed to be the true power of Quark in MacWareHouse magazine, and for $600, you can add drop shadows to text or photos, do spreads (admittedly nice, but PageMaker 6 did that, I believe) and a host of other plug-ins that make a fairly vacuous Quark interface really strut its stuff. So you can wind up spending I don't know how much on Quark, and a couple grand on the plug-ins.

Sorry for my narrow-mindedness, but I cannot see spending thoudands of dollars to buy the "gold standard" when I'm producing fairly polished and tasty stuff with rusty old PageMaker 6.5, and past versions of Photoshop (just because I've memorized certain key commands.

Ooops, I'm getting off topic.
Have a cookie <g>

Gary David Bouton
www.boutons.com
Gary@GaryWorld.com
Visit a really large gallery at www.GaryWorld.com!