Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Animation frames gone wild...

I had a simple dozen animation frames in a tiny website design. I wanted to insert extra pages in the middle, so I named them ( inserting after frame 3 ) Frame 3a, Frame 3b, Frame 3c because they had to go between frame 3 and frame 4. The rest of the frame names were in regular number succession.

Later, I designed a navigation system and started using the webaddress... dialog. Instead of buttons, I had simple numbers to designate pages on the navigation bar. This saves space and makes things look less like it was designed in the 90's....

Of course, I started to have to map button 4 to frame 3a, button 5 to frame 3b, etc. Needless to say, it gets convoluded if the site ( or animation in general) gets bigger.

Is there any way to rename the frame names by number, en masse? What is the going "state of the art" way to organize and name large numbers of frames in an animation. Not like I'm getting there next week, but I'm quickly realizing I better learn it early before I have 50-100 frames of chaos later...

Thanks for any ideas....
    Last edited by Tallis; 23 January 2007 at 08:06 PM.