Quote Originally Posted by FH Addict View Post
Viruses have nothing to do with low cost, just with the Operating System.
Could you please tell us more about"viruses available for them have begun to increase" ??
I have never seen or heard about dangerous viruses on Mac, except if you know my Administrator password. This is Unix world.
Today you'll find a lot of different problems, not only viruses. What would you say, if I'm able to connect to your Mac OS X PC or Server via a WLAN adapter and able to gain complete control over your Mac? This is the first step for so called "root kits" to allow attackers to smuggle in malicious code in your PC. This problems are not called "viruses", but "security vulnerabilities" and they are much more interesting instead of developing a boring virus. If I'm a hacker and your PC isn't patched, then I have no problems to delete all your files or do other terrible things on your computer.

But wait, this isn't possible with Mac OS X!
Er... really?
No, not really. You're wrong, if you think, there are no security problems with Mac OS X. In reality, there were really strong problems, but a lot of users don't know the details...

"Although, in the past, Apple users haven't had to be as careful, they should now take the same precautions as Windows users when downloading executable files from peer-to-peer sites, or questionable websites." (source: heise security)

Regards,
Remi