Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
Xhris
As I said I was producing a collage image from photographs using XPE to adjust the levels of about four images. Each image was placed on a new layer in Xtreme; transparency applied to blend them together. I used Mehdi plugin to apply natural grain to each of the images for consistency and certain areas of the individual photographs were croped using using xtreme to slice rather than XPE to crop. (though I'd also been cropping in XPE)
On a number of occasions now I've had the program shut down due to serious error whilst doing this or similar.
Working with vector images of a larger file size, using the likes of Mehdi for natural grain etc, has produced no problems what so ever so its not the computer running out of steam..(2gig ram, AMD Athlon dual core), it 'seems' to be (processed) photographs its less happy with.
I repeated the operation with the photographs using Xtreme-not-pro, all except the level adjustment without any bother.
It also has to be said I repeated the operation with Pro for one collage and it went fine, which is why I was wondering if anyone else had had any problems rather than assuming it was a buggy problem common to all.
Irritating but not life threatening.
derek
Was it the internal version of XPE in Xara you were using, or the external one that can be loaded when Xara is closed? (I'm assuming the internal version)