Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: SketchUp to Xtreme

Utler:

Export the paperclip from SU as a PNG at a high resolution (say 2000 Pix), and do not antialias.

Attach it to a posting in this thread.

1. Now I want you to open it in Xara and see if you can use its drawing tools to draw around the paperclip glyphs (do a search in the forum on 'tracing' or 'logos' to see menthods of how this is done .... or someone here may post some links to threads).

2. In the meantime I will download your new PNG and trace it as well and repost a Xar file that you can use. I will try to include some instructions as to how I did the tracing.

In the future, if you have a more involved image you want converted, you can post a PDF file here I will try to convert it to CMX /xar format for you so you can see the process ... if I have the time.

In the meantime you may want to go to Ebay or whatever and see if you can pick up a cheap copy of CorelDRAW (l think version 10 or 11 can import PDF) or an older copy of Illustrator. It should not cost much at all and then you would have software that can deal with importing/exporting a variety of 2D vector formats.

Sound like a deal?
    Last edited by jclements; 16 November 2006 at 02:01 PM.