Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Hi all, especially Randy--

Randy, I visited your site, and have no problem whatsoever with your artistic expression. So you're stuck with the title, pal...you *are* and artist. I can see in your work a tremendous amount of effort, and here's where I'd like to digress and open this message to our whole gathering.

*Please* do not say of something, "That's not Art." If you rummage through your art history books, you will notice that the Dadaist movement around the turn of the last century consisted of artists who were experimenting with trying to "kill art". They'd do these ridiculous Martian paintings, tie themselves up in a gallery for exhibition, but you know what?

Dadaists proved that Art cannot be killed, because in their actions, they were indeed creating art.

So I'd like to see more of, "this is lousy art, this is great art, this is ambitious art, this is excellent entry level art" in our posts, if we indeed feel compelled to dismiss a piece of art.

I'm am not blaming anyone here of doing this, but I think Randy should take it a little easier on himself and his own artistic evaluation.

What did Peter Quincy Taggart say in "Galaxy Quest"? "Never give up...never surrender!"

(If you've not seen the film, rent it. Tim Allen does a perfectly brilliant and cruel impression of Captain Kirk).

My Best,
    Gary David Bouton
    (here's my stab at doing glass)

Gary David Bouton
    www.boutons.com
    Gary@GaryWorld.com
    Visit a really large gallery at www.GaryWorld.com!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D-H.jpg 
Views:	549 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	6950  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.