Quote Originally Posted by AntonyF View Post
Here we go again... people wanting to create logos, and people coming in to act disdainful.
You don't think it's disdainful to say "My mate's company wants a logo for free" ?

I think it would be far less disdainful to say "My mate's company wants a logo but I'm afraid he has a total budget of just $50. If anybody wants to put their effort into the hat we would be most grateful to see what you could come up with and after one month we will choose the one we like the most and that person will get the $50." $50 is not a lot, but it's the principle of 'consideration' (legal term, nothing to do with being nice to somebody) that matters.

This:

a) is respectful to those of us who make our living in design
b) gives a real chance to those beginners who want to have a go and an enormous buzz if they 'win'
c) gives at least some real value to the design
d) leaves everybody with a good feeling about the 'competition'
e) prevents posts like this

Quote Originally Posted by AntonyF View Post
Yes, I think people can take advantage of people's generousity sometimes. But ultimately, if someone wants to help another member, then that is their prerogative.
Yup, and me objecting to it is my prerogative. I assume there's no rule that says I can't? Sorry if I sound cold and cynical but I have been around this 'Internet' thing since the era of the bbs and I am so very tired of people always asking for freebies.