Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: How photo-realistic do you consider this image?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Total convincing - I thought it was a photo

2 7.69%
  • Nice try, but does not withstand close scrutiny

16 61.54%
  • Unconvincing -obviously a drawn image

8 30.77%

Thread: F-15 Jet image

Threaded View

Default F-15 Jet image

I've not posted any new work for a while having been preoccupied with Comic Book work. However, as I recently completed an image to accompany an article on the recent conflict in Labanon I thought it might interest other Xara artists. The image shown has been slightly modified from the original to avoid political comment (so no political feedback please).

First of all the image is 100% Xara Xtreme vector art - no post-work whatsoever. I created 15 layers to maintain a disciplined approach - essential for this type of technical work. A reference photo was used for tracing shapes and sampling linear fills. The only bit maps in the image are those created by the fractal fills.

The background is a snag taken from Google Earth and vector-traced in Xara, while the cloud/smoke are fractal fills.

I draw ALL my shapes (less circles) using the Shape Editor Tool set to 'L' and then shape the curves using the same tool.

Xara's brilliant fill and transparency then bring the shapes to life.

Anyone that has seen any of my previous posts will be aware that I am a convert from Adobe Illustrator after 12 years loyal following - never to return.

Ray Jones
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cockpit snag 4 levi straus 02 WEB.jpg 
Views:	673 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	28779