Quote Originally Posted by christianweb
I got the email advertising the Template Pack 5 for Webstyle 4 owners this morning. I contacted support because it was not giving me the discount. Support immediately contacted me and replied with a solution to my problem. I was able to download the new Template Pack and also received the discount.

It is easy for someone to post a negative comment but it does take a little effort and time to post a positive comment and be thankful for the excellent support. I design using Dreamweaver and mostly use the navigation bars and menus in Webstyle 4.*This has worked very well for me.*

I would recommend the product.
Thank you Christian, we appreciate your comments.

Obviously we'd love 100% of our customers to be 100% happy. But that's not always possible. We always try to solve the problems concerned and most of the time we do. The occasional problem we just have to hold our hands up and say "we don't know". But Webstyle has been our biggest selling product and for the most part people are very happy. But because people come to the forum to post problems they have encountered, so some people do think that it equates to being a very problematic product which isn't the case. So we thank you for kind comments. And we will of course endeavour to help those having problems.

And as you mentioned, we now have template pack 5. The template packs are very successful and while we get requests for a Webstyle 5, we get more requests for template packs. So hopefully this satisfies one of the two main requests we get. And we were talking about the next release of Webstyle again today, so it is on the cards. But we are a small company and a lot of the discusion is about what we do first of first of the many ideas that we have and the many great ideas we get from customers.