I would like to respectfully add to this discussion something I have said in past threads in which this concern re: "bloatware" has come up -- and such threads have arisen periodically since I started lurking at Talkgraphics, a year or so prior to joining.

We now have 80GB hard drives and 1GB RAM as standard equipment on low-end computers; the concern about an over-large software "footprint" is thus obsolete. The only concern that is at all reasonable in this regard is whether the software's (not the hardware's) performance would be reduced or slowed by the addition of new tools. Xara Xtreme is one of the fastest pieces of powerful software in existence, because speed and efficiency are priorities of its creators. As long as these priorities hold true, there is no reason to expect added tools to slow the program down, or otherwise reduce its performance. Xara's record shows that efficiency results not from avoiding the implementation of tools, but from how the implementation is carried out.

So, let the brainstorming resume.

Glen