Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

I received an email today from Tony Gaylord, asking about transparent png files. In my tests to answer his question, I ran across some questions of my own.

The 24bit+alpha transparency image made in Xara X looked fine when imported into PaintShop Pro 7 and Photoshop LE. But, when opened in Internet Explorer 5.5 on a WinME machine, there was a grey rectangle as a background to the text used for the image. I then inserted the png into a Front Page 2000 page and it had a black rectange for a background. I proceeded to open the png file using IE6.0 on a Win2000 machine, same grey background. Switching to Red Hat Linux 7.2 it was opened in Netscape Communicator and Netscape Navigator 4.78 where it showed a black background rectangle. Opening the file using Galeon and Mozilla on the linux platform showed the correct transparent background.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems with transparent png files using the browser you prefer?

Thanks for your time.

Soquili

BTW transparent png files created in the other graphics programs experience the same background problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update