The problem is that the designer doesnt normally get to choose what a presentation is created in. That typically goes to the sales & marketing pukes (a term of endearment really) that ask for the presentations in the first place. They tend to know few programs and those they do are typically the Microsoft office suite and little else. I think you'd have alot of resistance to trying to bringing in a new presentation package (just ask Astound).

I use to think that Xara should build a Flash animation studio tool. I still think they could do a bang up job of it. I'm just not sure that there is much room in the market anymore unless they went at it from another angle such as Toon Boom Studio has done (a nifty package if you're not familiar).

In short I think the folks at Xara have a proven history of looking at issues from a slightly different angle than other software companies and its done them well. I just don't think they (or much of anyone else) has the ability to edge out much of a living winning people away from Powerpoint, no mater how clunky the thing is.

J