Hi - can anyone advise on a problem I an having with the line width option suddenly refusing to work when I want to change a line width. What happens is I select a line and the option box for different line widths freezes and refuses to display the drop down list box. If I type a value into the field and press enter it reverts back to the default 0.5 pt. This has happened to me on even the most simple of drawing within a minute or two of opening XaraX.

When it does happen, if I save the file and then close XaraX and reopen the same file and carry out the same procedure to change line width it works fine until the next time it freezes

When it freezes Ive tried selecting the line with various tools - eg normal select, line edit. pen tool - and Ive tried punching the usual alt, control or shift buttons and I cant unfreeze the option.

I use Xara pretty intensively for simple image editing and I guess this problem is occurring 2 or 3 times a day at the most but seems to be totally unpredictable when it does.

I first ran into this problem a few weeks back after downloading and trying out the XaraX demo version. I've since purchased XaraX through the members club and redownloaded and installed new on a clean image on my PC (with no previous versions of XaraX installed or deinstalled) and the problem continues to occur.

It seems to me a 'bug' is in the program but having searched the forum I cant find any other members reporting this problem .....so any of you XaraX gurus got any ideas please before I tear my hair out!!

Thanks in advance

Jimmex