Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: MultiPage PDF Import problem

I have a question along those lines...I'm making a site for the medical office I work for. How do I put a clickable PDF link on the site? Most sites have links that you click on and it will open it in another tab in internet explorer. I don't know how to do that. I want to put a patient info packet or something like that so they can print it off and bring it in or something like that. I'm using Xara web designer 5.

Default Re: MultiPage PDF Import problem

Hi James, Welcome to TG Forums.

Your question is Off-Topic for this thread and is posted in the wrong forum
    Please start a new topic in the Web Designer/Xtreme forum here:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57

Default Re: PDF import problem

Quote Originally Posted by EJ View Post
    Ceal,
    Your consultant pdfs will import into Inkscape. You view them page by page and can be exported as single page pdfs. Consult1.pdf, consult2.pdf, etc. I did the first page.

Bring them into Xara and export as a multi-page pdf.

I have included the xar file for the first page stage.

I am not sure if Inkscape can export as a multi-page file. Must fiddle.

Erik
    EJ,

I loaded Inkscape and had the same result you did. However, it did not appear to allow multi-page documents. Anyway, I will put in a seperate thread the success I had with Web Designer 6. Thanks for the suggestion, though. It's a good low cost one if you're using .PDFPlus, like I was and had one page.

Default Re: PDF import problem

Success! Finally! Steve's suggestion worked perfectly. I "printed" my .PDFPlus file (the company is Nuance, not Acrobat) using the free CutePDF driver, opened up the file in Web Designer 6. It opened as a multi-page document and I saved it as .Web file. I was able to open it as multi-page document in both Xara 3.2 usng XP Professional and Xara Xtreme Pro using Windows 7.

Thanks again. By the way, in case anybody was wondering why I was doing this...one reason is we live in earthquake and fire country and in case of evacuation, taking books of cartoons is not a high priority. It's better to digitze them and give a copy to an relative out of state or even the country. Why lose all that work?

The other reason is, of course, it's easier to find things and do them in final if they're digitzed.

I'm very grateful for all the help and support and hope this might help one of you.