Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Desire Tutoring in Xara Xtreme

I am new to Xara Xtreme, using version 2.0f, and want to find an experienced user, whom I will pay, to guide me through the problems encountered as I work through the generally good manual and start making illustrations. I am located in the United States, but the tutor could be located anywhere. If you are not interested in providing such services but know someone who might be, please refer me to him or her. Thanks!

Default Re: Desire Tutoring in Xara Xtreme

What type of work will you be using Xara for?

You've come to the right place, but rather than one experienced user you've found a great number all who will be willing to help you by answering specific questions, plus there is www.xaraxone.com that has as many tutorials as you can absorb. No need to pay anyone I wouldn’t have thought, just ask.
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by GBJ View Post
    I am new to Xara Xtreme, using version 2.0f, and want to find an experienced user, whom I will pay, to guide me through the problems encountered as I work through the generally good manual and start making illustrations. I am located in the United States, but the tutor could be located anywhere. If you are not interested in providing such services but know someone who might be, please refer me to him or her. Thanks!
    The first thing I'd recommend is watching all the video tutorials located in the help menu. Then play around, and then ask people here for help.

Then you can read into more advanced tutorials (like the ones in my signature at the bottom), as well as reading the manual.

Gary Priester is a retired professional graphic artist and creates monthly tutorials and workbooks. He shows you step by step how to create almost everything. What Gary doesn't create himself, guest authors provide even more tutorials. There are over 100 tuts going back many years.

I would suggest watching the movies, then going to the xone and doing a few tuts. When you run into a stumper, then check the help... or ask a question here. Usually you will get an answer within an hour or two, since we have regular users from around the globe who post here.

Wondering how to get to the xone? It's easy... just follow the instructions on the attached screenshot...

Yea, I know I am a smart A$$...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xonelink.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	39837  
    Last edited by raynerj1; 14 July 2007 at 04:19 AM.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Hi, GBJ...

I learned Xtreme Pro primarily from Gary Priester and Xhris.

Not to mention the way numerous others (especially Egg Bramhill, Norman Soquili, Ross, et al...and for those who have helped me and I did not name, I humbly apologize).

While I'm not at their level, I'm making progress. If you will devote some time to these sources, then ask questions about anything you don't understand, the people here will help.

Good Luck...
    ---
    Will
    Last edited by WolfMoonHP; 15 July 2007 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMoonHP View Post
    Hi, GBJ...

I learned Xtreme Pro primarily from Gary Priester and Xhris.
    Haha, me?! You'll be pleased then to learn that I will soon have a 'website' (place of download - thanks to Daniel) where all the latest and new tutorials I'm writing will be located. I'm (re-)writing all of them to be in the new printable format, and adding new features to some tutorials - like the Flash animation tutorial, as well as writing a few new ones. Taking me ages though...Old TG threads can't be updated with new files and by removing old ones (unless you're a moderator), so I'm going to just link the TG threads to one central place where everything will be kept.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post
    Haha, me?! You'll be pleased then to learn that I will soon have a 'website' (place of download - thanks to Daniel) where all the latest and new tutorials I'm writing will be located. I'm (re-)writing all of them to be in the new printable format, and adding new features to some tutorials - like the Flash animation tutorial, as well as writing a few new ones. Taking me ages though...Old TG threads can't be updated with new files and by removing old ones (unless you're a moderator), so I'm going to just link the TG threads to one central place where everything will be kept.

cool, sounds like another site to add to favourites

I will be creating illustrations for children's stories that will published on the web and in hardcopy. The illustration style will combine moderized petrocliffs, cartoons, and semi-abstractions. I am not interested in creating photo-realistic scenes. I am aware of Priester's tutorials and the movies, but at times I would rather ask a knowledgable person about how to do something or how to avoid a glitch than spend an hour (or more) seaching large archives for the answer or fix.

but at times I would rather ask a knowledgable person about how to do something or how to avoid a glitch than spend an hour (or more) seaching large archives for the answer or fix.
    Then please ask. At worst no one will answer but I've never known a question to go unanswered on this forum. The answer may help, it may not.

For example, I might ask what does
    combine moderized petrocliffs, cartoons, and semi-abstractions
    mean? Seriously, this means something to you, but is meaningless to me.

The members of this forum are fantastic at responding to Xara users queries, so ask away.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host