Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: pdf export fails

I also had the same problem when trying to convert the image directly to PDF.
    However, I did have success when I first exported the image as a png file (at 300 dpi) , then opened that file in Xtreme and exported it to PDF.
    The final PDF image is 322KB in file size. -AF
    Attached Images Attached Images  

When the file is saved in formats such as; jpg, png, bmp, etc....the layers are merged or flattened.....then the export will work. My problem is exporting the files with ALL the layers! What do the EXPERTS say?

Just to add some more pieces to the puzzle I exported the file from Xtreme as an .ai file and opened it in Ilustrator CS2. Came through just fine and all seems editable. I then saved it as a .pdf file from CS2 which again was fine when opened back up in CS2. Seems to add conformation that the problem is in the Xtreme pdf exporter; the file seems fine.

Hi I got this file working by converting some of the lines to outline in the leaves area - the bad news is xtreme produces a whopping 45mb pdf file. Illustrator produces 1.5mb using the identical vectors.

(edited file attached)

best regards /David
    http://www.vectorgraphic.co.uk
    Attached Files Attached Files

This produces a pdf file of 200k for me, so I think this issue has been addressed. We'll be in contact directly so you can test the new PDF export.

We expect to release a patch for 2.0e soon that provides updated PDF filters and a few other fixes.

oops and yes! I now get them same 200k.

I had the PDF Export option, Objects, Rasterize Resolution at 600dpi and Jpeg quality at max.

I wasn't expecting anything to get rasterized hence the large file size.(Its the shadow behind the Grootsch text that gets rastered)

best regards/ David
    http://www.vectorgraphic.co.uk

Ah good. 200k compared to Illustrator's 2Mbytes is more like it.