Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Wireframe Globe

Cool Wireframe Globe

G'day. As a total novice I'm not sure if anyone will want to talk to me, however, I am trying to make a wireframe world globe into the shape of a water droplet. That's step one, then I want to actually make it look like the droplet is starting to flow over the top of the globe. Any ideas would be appreciated Thanks - Lynxop

Default Re: Wireframe Globe

There is a free set of Envelopes created by Tony Roberts and found on The Xara Xone Shareware Pages > Tony Roberts Moulds. The one called Drop Mould will do just what you are asking.

Gary

Quick question Gary. Downloaded the moulds but not sure how to integrate them into Extreme. Says something about separate folder in clip art gallery but import is grayed out. What am I doing wrong? Huh? Huh? Huh? Thanks, Willy

I made a folder called Xara Clipart with sub-folders, one for Clipart, the other Moulds. Then I double-click the clipart icon on my main horizontal tool bar and then "Disc Clipart". Then I navigate to the folder I need and open it. Returning to Xara, I find that I have a small folder now showing in Clipart Gallery, so I open that and there are all my downloaded moulds.

Next, drag the mould you want to the Xara desktop, select and copy it to the clipboard. Now select the item you wish to apply the mould to, click the Envelope , in the info bar are two clipboards, I choose the one in the middle as it is not a perspective mould, and voila, you have now applied your mould.

Thank ya much. Willy

Exclamation Re: Wireframe Globe

Since we have not covered Envelope lately, I'll add a page in the next Workbook which if I get my act together, will be posted on Thursday.

Gary

Cool Re: Wireframe Globe

Thanks Everyone, will try to follow directions.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Lynxop
    As a total novice I'm not sure if anyone will want to talk to me
    We talk to everybody, so long as they're courteous and constructive. Today's novices are tomorrow's superusers.
    Besides, we like to proselytize.