Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

When I print an image that I've created using CorelXara 2.0, the colours that are printed are not the same as they appear on screen. I use a Lexmark Z53 Color Jetprinter. Can somebody give me a hint as to what I should adjust? Thank you!
    Regards, Albert G. Kubbenga

When I print an image that I've created using CorelXara 2.0, the colours that are printed are not the same as they appear on screen. I use a Lexmark Z53 Color Jetprinter. Can somebody give me a hint as to what I should adjust? Thank you!
    Regards, Albert G. Kubbenga

In my experience, monitor colors and actual print are never very close. I usually work backwards - meaning, I see what my printer is doing with the colors and then adjust my graphics accordingly. And ususally, there is an option under "view" called "Show printer colors." That bridges the gap a bit, but they still won't match.

to consider. How old is your computer? What OS are you using (Win 98, Win XP, etc.) your monitor, printer, and other things. Also if you have adjusted your monitor (brighter-darker, more or less contrast) this can affect things as well.

I am running Windows XP on a new (as of the first of the year) DELL 8200 with a 17" flat panel monitor and my screen colors match my printed output almost exactly. It is hard to belive.

I print from a HP DeskJet 970 Cxi and the color output on good coated paper is very close to the actual printed CMYK printing by commercial printers. HP has its own color matching system which might help as well.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone