Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Problems with Xara on Vista

Hi

I just installed Vista 32bit Buisness Edition and. The first program I installed was Xara. To my supprise it came up with an error on startup. Every time I start it it askes me to put in my serial number, and then gives the error after the tips screen.

Is anyone else having a problem?

The error is Internal program error 963.w.re.ry

I hit okay and everythings seems to work. But everytime I start Xara same thing, enter serial number etc.

Thanks

Default Re: Problems with Xara on Vista

Hi Scandog,

The Vista User Account Manager is causing the problem. You need to temporarily disable the UAC and log in using an Administrator account. Reinstall Xara Xtreme Pro. You can then re-enable the UAC.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Scandog,

just one time dont just double-click it but start it with right mouse button and choose "Run as administrator".
    Next time you can use it as expected.

Juergen

Vista is not officially supported for Xara products. However there is further information here, including more detailed steps on getting it installed.

http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...articleid=2466

Please, and this is a general point to everyone, check the support knowledgebase first because you'll often find questions are answered there.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you have moved to Vista so soon? I had a quick look at it in a shop last weekend and it really felt like Windoze for idiots. I really don't see why they still need to make it easier for newbies - surely they are vastly outnumbered by people who know what the're doing? I can't believe that XP Pro still uses the little doggie on the search page.

Quote Originally Posted by BONES View Post
    I really don't see why they still need to make it easier for newbies - surely they are vastly outnumbered by people who know what the're doing?
    I've been asking the same question since XP came out. I guess the answer is "Guess not".

Is it a coincidence that more and more Corporate America upper management are actually using computers that Microsoft has to dumb down the Operating System (and make it look like a kindergarden room)?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by AntonyF View Post
    Vista is not officially supported for Xara products.
    But on the box it says "System requirements: Windows 98, Me, 2000, XP or Windows Vista" - isn't that official support?!

Juergen's advice worked fine - thanks.

Tim

What I read a bout Vista is not good..I read (some review) that Vista controls what you can and can't do with your own system, and it does the 'system' check every 30 sec. not good sounds like your personal computing exeperience is governed by Gates.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    What I read a bout Vista is not good..I read (some review) that Vista controls what you can and can't do with your own system, and it does the 'system' check every 30 sec. not good sounds like your personal computing exeperience is governed by Gates.
    Jim
    All that plus delibarate degrading of dvd movie playback to 'discourage' piracy and software incompatibility seems a high price to pay for 'transparent' windows