Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Embedding SWF with HTML export.

Hi*everyone,

We just have implemented a simple way to embed SWF files with html export, as you have suggested.

WARNING! Attached .dll is experimental one, so it may contain a lot of bugs. Though, we hope it doesn't. If you still decide to use it, please let us know about all bugs you have encountered. Thank you.

Installation.
    1. Download attached dll.
    2. Go to the "Filters" folder within your XX4 folder. It should already contain "HTMLfilter.dll" file.
    3. Rename this file to "HTMLfilter.bak", and copy the download one on it's place.
    (It is suggested that you are logged in to your system with the Administrator account while doing next step. )
    4. In command prompt, execute: "regsvr32 HTMLfilter.dll". This has to inform you that HTMLfilter.dll was registered successfully.
    That's it.

Description.

Create object that will be exported as a single bitmap (shape or group etc).
    Make sure it's dimensions are equal to those of the SWF file you want to embed.
    This object will be replaced with original SWF content if the Flash Player is available. Otherwise, user will see this placeholder object. So it is advisable to add notification like: "SWF player is required to see the correct image" or the like, to this object. You can even add a link to the plug-in download page to this object if you whish.

Next, you add a name to this object that has a form of:
    Flash="filename.swf"
    or
    SWFObject="filename.swf"

These names are not case sensitive (except for the filenames which are case sensitive on POSIX based servers).
    If you use first case (flash=) the flash will be embedded using simple classical method.
    If you use second case (swfobject=) then the SWFObject v2.0 script will be used to embed your Flash (read more about it here: http://code.google.com/p/swfobject/ ). This method is more advanced, but all complains regarding reliability of this script should be addressed to it's author. It also adds some 8kb of script.
    Newertheless, both methods seems to work fine, so it's up to user preferences.
    If you don't know which to chose, try the second one, and if it will fail, switch to first.

If the "filename.swf" contain no "/" characters, then this file has to be placed within the "files" folder corresponding to the exported page. Otherwise, you have to enter full or relative path (relative to the exported html address) with this name. For example: flash="http://www.mycompany.com/headers/header003.swf".

That's probably it. If I haven't forgotten something...

Just give it a try!
    And let us know af all possible issues, problems, bugs etc.

Thank you.

P.S. This version of html filter has also implemented page background tiles positined relative to the page, not window as was also suggested on forum.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by covoxer; 05 April 2008 at 11:00 AM.
    John.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Default Re: Embedding SWF with HTML export.

John - Big applause for working on this.

I'm having trouble with the registering part in that I'm being informed it isn't registering sucessfully. Any ideas?

Regards, Ross

PS - I'm running XP Home SP2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	failure.jpg 
Views:	638 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	47539  

Ross are you running the command from the command (DOS) prompt in the same folder where the HTMLfilter.dll resides?

Name:	register.png 
Views:	629 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	47541  

John - I am sure once the bugs are worked out this is going to be one helluva capability for X4. You people amaze me.

Gary

Sledger - Thanks for your assistance. I attach a screenshot of my command prompt. Back in the DOS days I used a Mac -- I don't have a clue about how to switch directories! Given what I see what should I be type'n? My Filter folder does have the same path as per your screenshot.

Regards, Ross

Name:	prompt.jpg 
Views:	631 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	47550  

Ross, here you go...

Name:	command.gif 
Views:	602 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	47552  
    -- Bob

Thanks Bob! It worked. U-da-man!

[And maybe the screenshots will help other dos-challenged individuals too]

If we're feeling pedantic this weekend, we shouldn't be calling the Command Prompt 'DOS'...

Willdean - so sorry if the inaccurate references to DOS bothered you.

John (Covoxer) - I've re-exported an earlier page where I had been trying to align a graphic with a tiling background image. It does now work pretty good but I notice the position of the first background tile (top left) can appear to shift as the browser window size is adjusted. (The other images do however stay aligned to the shifting background). I'll investigate more. Thanks again for your hard work.

Regards, Ross
    Last edited by Ross Macintosh; 05 April 2008 at 04:17 PM.