Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Here is another request for technical help. If this is deemed "inappropriate" for this forum then you moderators can feel free to delete this topic.

I've a new PC running Window 2000. I used my original CD for my Epson 800 to install the printer driver. NT40 drivers were automatically installed .... they don't work. I can go into the printer interface and produce a test print, but trying to print from Xara sends nothing to the printer (no print info in the window's task bar and no blinking light on the printer itself).

I went to the Epson's download site and there is nothing there that I could find relevant to Win2000 (or even NT4 driver upgrades) ... see attached screen capture.

It seems stange to me. I do know that I am able to print to our Epson 3000 at work via a Win2000 PC.

IS ANYONE HAVING SUCCESS WITH THEIR WIN2000 PC? Do you have a download link or could you email me your driver to my work address ===> Jclements@Brwncald.com ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Epson.gif 
Views:	248 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	13201  

Thanks for your help. You guys make this forum great, and I don't say this only because you help me.

I was trying to install on a new PC for a friend of mine. THis PC is the same as mine with two exceptions: she has a PentiumIII 1G, and I a 800Meg, but I have Apacer RAM and she noname. So prpobably it is indeed the memory that might be the cause. Because on my system Win2000 installs flawlessly. We were going to take the whole thing to the shop to let them figure it out (deduction led me to the memory, the mainboard or the cables that provoked the errors).
    When I tried to install on one of my HDD's, things also went wrong, and when I looked at the install on my system, vital things were missing everywhere.
    So I'll try changing the memory, and normally it should be all right then.

Thanks again. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

Sounds like a memory issue. W2K, like NT4, is very picky about RAM. If you haven't done so, try with different mem modules one at a time. What are your system specs? If you have more than one mem module it could be a difference in how it is read, e.g. is one CL2 and one CL3. The faster the procesor the more important the compatability of memory. What brand motherboard? This can have an effect also in regards to how memory is addressed. I have had no problems at all with my homebuilt systems running W2K. Using all Intel parts for MB, CPU and networking.
    Keep us posted.

TANSTAAFL
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

I know here at work that there have been issues when an old PCs (with NT, 95, or 98) have been upgraded to win2K .... the registry really gets bloated and driver configuration can get goofy.

We have had very good luck, however, with fresh installs (on a clean hard drive.

If RAFFON finds this thread, he may be able to give you some pointers.

I have been VERY impressed with win2K other than the huge amount of hard disk space it consumes (but hard disks are so cheap these days ...).

Here is another request for technical help. If this is deemed "inappropriate" for this forum then you moderators can feel free to delete this topic.

I've a new PC running Window 2000. I used my original CD for my Epson 800 to install the printer driver. NT40 drivers were automatically installed .... they don't work. I can go into the printer interface and produce a test print, but trying to print from Xara sends nothing to the printer (no print info in the window's task bar and no blinking light on the printer itself).

I went to the Epson's download site and there is nothing there that I could find relevant to Win2000 (or even NT4 driver upgrades) ... see attached screen capture.

It seems stange to me. I do know that I am able to print to our Epson 3000 at work via a Win2000 PC.

IS ANYONE HAVING SUCCESS WITH THEIR WIN2000 PC? Do you have a download link or could you email me your driver to my work address ===> Jclements@Brwncald.com ?

At the following link >
    http://support.epson.com/hardware/pr...lelibrary.html

<
    I downloaded the Win2k driver for the Epson 3000. So far it seems to work ... just have to be careful about selecting an illegal paper size.

Any others out their with older model Epson inkjets that are looking for a Win2K driver might want to try installing the 3000 driver.

I've been trying to install Win2000 for four days now (some 50 hours), and still have not been able to.
    Either there are some files missing (not always the same), or I get a blue stop screen when rebooting. At a certain moment the bios even didn't find my HDD anymore...I tried it all, another HDD, another CDRom, dos tricks, ...

Everything in my PC is ok for Win2000, and I have all drivers ready, but can't even start to install them.

The worst, or most comical if you have a wry sense of humour, is that the install gives the message that some digital signatures are missing when talking about the Win2000 files themselves.
    So I tried with another CD from a friend, and the same problems of files not loading occur.

I'm stuck. Moral: installing is OK when everything goes fine. But when something goes wrong, you meet the limitations of your knowledge.

So back to Win98 and a hard lesson that only makes Bill Gates a little richer, but me much poorer. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

I run W2K and an Epson Photo EX - it works swell. Sorry! :-)

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")