Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Yes I have spent a lot of time to create this little person (a character project for an absolutely decent cartoon!) and No it is not anatomically perfect! But it was made without any help of Poser.
    It was modelized in Lightwave with "metanurbs" and rendered in the same program with an extensive use of "fast Fresnel" effect (sorry for the shadows which are not correct at the feet; they are made in Xara X; the character is seen from a higher position and of course the flat png files couldn't give thez correct placement.)
    I think Poser is very interesting to work on architectural projects or perhaps on short videoclips where the characters must not have a too strong personnality. But perhaps the program will evolve and it is very interesting and has exciting functionalities.
    But if you have a very precise idea of the whole personnality of your character and its so charming little imperfections, then is is much more fascinating to create it in any true 3D program, and particularly those who includes (I think every one now) surface subdivisions like metanurbs, hypernurbs or others.

That will be my first intervention in this 3D forum. In this matter my first program was the surprizing Extreme 3D which was included in Macromedia Freehand Graphics Studio some years ago. I have also a little experience with Bryce2 and I acquired recently Rhino 3D because I needed a program which was able to perform booleans on nurbs objects for my projects. Metanurbs are not so well adapted to create cars, planes or other partly angular or precisely sliced industrial objects (nevertheless I have found some tricks to use them for that but with some little defects).
    I am not so advanced than in the use of Xara X for which I am moderator but I can help a little.

Kind regards,

ivan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackwom.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	12320