Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Jasc just released 'Paint Shop Power Suite.'
    www.jasc.com
    Can anyone find the point to this?
    Looks like they threw a bunch of stuff they had hanging around the office together and called it a 'suite.' I am surprised that the collection does not include 'official jasc underwear from a real jasc employee.'
    I am a faithful user of psp 8 (just updated to 8.1), but i think that I'll pass on the $69 upgrade just for some clipart. If you have psp 8 why wouldn't you just go buy photo album 4 for $45, and save not having to get some book that will be outdated in 2 months.
    Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks for the space to let me rant. I am done.
    jamesthiago
    nenedevelopments.com
    IP

Jasc just released 'Paint Shop Power Suite.'
    www.jasc.com
    Can anyone find the point to this?
    Looks like they threw a bunch of stuff they had hanging around the office together and called it a 'suite.' I am surprised that the collection does not include 'official jasc underwear from a real jasc employee.'
    I am a faithful user of psp 8 (just updated to 8.1), but i think that I'll pass on the $69 upgrade just for some clipart. If you have psp 8 why wouldn't you just go buy photo album 4 for $45, and save not having to get some book that will be outdated in 2 months.
    Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks for the space to let me rant. I am done.
    jamesthiago
    nenedevelopments.com
    IP

Don´t worry, Ulead´s Photoimpact comes as Photoimpact XL now and people on the forum discuss what they should pay for because there isn´t much in it. Most of them say they won´t upgrade.....You see, others have same troubles
    It´s just fashion to bundle and suite and Xl the market...

Lori
    IP

It's all about the competition and Jasc really did a super job with Version 8 and didn't leave much for an encore. There are so many tutorials for PSP on the web and so many to give advice that to spend extra for a book seems pretty pointless when it is really dabbling with the program that teaches you how to use it. PhotoImpact XL was fun to download but I didn't buy it either. The sunlight filter was nice but I can point to where it is installed and use it anyway. PhotoImpact has a steeper learning curve than PSP. I still find at times I feel stumped. So I open up PSP and fix what I can't do in one or vice versa. It's still a lot cheaper than Adobe Photoshop.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP