Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Stick at Top questions

Thank you Egg, Acorn, Initiostar. I understand the baseline shift for the text, but the buttons are also skewed. Therefore maybe sticky will work for them as Egg mentioned. I also understand (sort of) the transparent rectangle approach Initiostar. I’m just have a struggle getting my head around it.
    I don’t think the baseline shift is going to work for the buttons.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Thank you Egg, Acorn, Initiostar. I understand the baseline shift for the text, but the buttons are also skewed. Therefore maybe sticky will work for them as Egg mentioned. I also understand (sort of) the transparent rectangle approach Initiostar. I’m just have a struggle getting my head around it.
    I don’t think the baseline shift is going to work for the buttons.
    No sure why your buttons would be skewed, but here is a baseline shift example from the demo: Menu_Scrolling_Stick_at_Top.xar.

As Egg said though, unless the scrolling menu is fundamental to the design, just have the menu sticky and placed at the top.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Bill, use SaT as normal for the button shape.

For the Menu Texts, I would add in the ClassNames of htmlclass="btnTxt xr_stt".
    In Website Head, add CSS:
    <style> .btnTxt > span { padding-top: 32px; } </style>

Change the size for padding-top as required.
    The xr_stt ClassName adds in SaT effect directly; it gets lost through the Xara Stick dialog.
    It might be where I put the CSS.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 22 March 2024 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Updated to handle Text with Links - obviously needed really!
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat