Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Problem with the Xara Pro+ built in uploader

I’ll get the hang of it.

I think it’s finding the right files to upload. Once I export the website it will overwrite the files in that folder. Then I upload all in that folder. Initially it did not work.

Then the SP did this. Quote “ I have moved the /index_html_files/ folder to the public_html folder and the site seems to be loading now”

Question .., do I have to upload the /index_html_files/ folder to the public_html folder each time ?

It’s not FZ per say. If you understand my problem it’s choosing the right files to upload.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Bill, if "the public_html folder" is where it works then yes.

If you are given FTP credentials to get to the server for your site and you need to load into "the public_html folder" then you type in public_html into the Sub-folder box:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22-publishing-img5.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	134747

FileZilla does the exact same job.

Your HTML files will be immediately under your public_html folder and index_html_files folder will be there too.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn - Chris M, and Handrawn. I've got the hang of filezilla. In the future Xara are working on the uploader to see what gives. FZ is working well for me. Once the index_html_files were moved everything's fine.
    I'm still reading any info on FZ.

Thanks again,
    Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Just an update. Xara continue to solve the problem of the uploader. The fuzzy fact remains that 7 of 10 sites load well with the uploader. 3 sites have to be uploaded with an external program (FileZilla). Half of those sites were made with a previous update of Pro+. Half use the new upload dialogue. I don’t believe that is the problem.

Xara techs almost have it. Using FTPS I can see "explore web space" -- the site uploads and stalls out at about 3%. Then quits.
    Just an update as techs are aware.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Just an update. Xara continue to solve the problem of the uploader. The fuzzy fact remains that 7 of 10 sites load well with the uploader. 3 sites have to be uploaded with an external program (FileZilla). Half of those sites were made with a previous update of Pro+. Half use the new upload dialogue. I don’t believe that is the problem.

Xara techs almost have it. Using FTPS I can see "explore web space" -- the site uploads and stalls out at about 3%. Then quits.
    Just an update as techs are aware.
    Thanks Bill. I assume their Easter Eggs remain locked away until all fixed.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat