Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: I would be grateful if anyone would identify this font for me please

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Possibly Image Club Graphics' version of Century Oldstyle Bold. My ICG's disk has the bold, not Bold Italic. So the below was manually skewed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture_001161.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	146.8 KB 
ID:	134733
    Hi Mwenz
    Thank you, it does look similar, may I ask please how you did the skewed?, did you converted to path and skewed it?, and please if you would kindly share where I can download it please
    Thank you
    Leo

Default Re: I would be grateful if anyone would identify this font for me please

Quote Originally Posted by LeoManchester View Post
    Hi Mwenz
    Thank you, it does look similar, may I ask please how you did the skewed?, did you converted to path and skewed it?, ...
    The skew was done to live text.

The skew was done to live text.
    Italic?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Italic?
    I don't have--nor do I believe there ever was--an italic version.

Even my Adobe Font Folio 11 has only regular, italic and bold (no bold italic). The italic is a "true" italic version of regular.

Skewing bold like in olden times in software matched the sample.

Thank you
    Well, I would be happy if I have the italic style that keep the a as a, when I select the italic style the a is the closed one. I forgot to say that I am using Inkscape to design this poster, I could easily use the italic "style" from century old style in any program except in Inkscape, quite tricky. Ah, and the J is different as well, I think I gave up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Century old style .jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	134734  
    Last edited by LeoManchester; 12 March 2024 at 08:21 PM. Reason: adding

Thanks all
    I forgot to say that I am using Inkscape to design this school poster, I am able to easily use the bold and the italic style in any programe (specially MO). However, not in inkscape, that's why I asked if you converted the text to Path, ......etc.
    Also when I select italic in inkscape the a is different
    Anyway, I give up, I think it's quite difficult

Thank you all
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	36 
ID:	134736  

Oh. also the J is different, such a shame
    Thanks allClick image for larger version. 

Views:	37 
ID:	134737Click image for larger version. 

Name:	font22.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	134738

Yes Italic, I have to say I have replied yesterday and today, but it seems I still don't know how this site work, I'm quite ignorante, I have also attached another Jpeg but I can't see it

Hi all

How ignorante I am, it seems that I am replying to myself and no one see the rely, how stupid 🙈
    I have also attached another file that I only see, 🙈I'll try to post it again
    Many thanks