Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Can I take a photograph and make it a cartoon image?

xara has the ability to add plugins, but it is a much neglected area of the program, and the majority of [modern] photoshop plugins do not work in my experience

And I love that saying
    animation often feels that way; I dare say Chris would say website building for clients too, but I don't do that

cartooning is fun, but can still be very fiddly/repetitive to get right
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Talking Re: Can I take a photograph and make it a cartoon image?

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    xara has the ability to add plugins, but it is a much neglected area of the program, and the majority of [modern] photoshop plugins do not work in my experience

animation often feels that way; I dare say Chris would say website building for clients too, but I don't do that

cartooning is fun, but can still be very fiddly/repetitive to get right
    I can relate just by what I learned to do with Davinci Resolve. It's just as fiddly and repetitive to get something to look and sound just right but to be honest, I actually kind of enjoy it.

This is just some of the stuff I was working on as temporary images. I had every intention of changing them but making a banner for what I needed it for,
    it's a bit of a hassle and I was having nothing but issues so I put it on the back burner and never got back to it, I also got caught up with editing videos for
    my dear ole dad and myself.
    I know it's far from great and it's quite plain but all I needed was a placeholder until I could make a better one or get a better one somehow.
    Should I wait for an email or include the images that I have watermarked here?

Controller Image.xar
    Banner WIP.xar

Not sure if it's needed or I should put it here but I've also provided the HEX Codes I asked to have used but it sorta got lost in translation.
    HEX 3e8484 seafoam green/dark teal
    027763 seafoam Green
    8f7e40 gold
    bc8e54 bronze
    490303 maroon/brick red

it's currently about 4.30 in the morning where Chris is; sure he'll get back to you soon...
    Nothing lasts forever...

@Spektra13. Received your email I went down the email route because not everyone wants to have their photo displayed on a public forum, and flicking files around the world is quicker by email.

My plan of action id for you to send me the photo you want as a cartoon. I, being lazy, will remove the background, throw it at Prima and MediaChance software to produce comic, sketch, pencil...you get the idea. Display them on a private website where you can pick and choose as many as you like. I'll zip 'em up, and you can use Xara to manipulate at your convenience.

I usually explain any steps that goes off in the background, so that anyone in the future can follow what happened. In the case, there won't be much to say.

The project file 'Banner WIP' is blank, although I do see the banner itself in the thumbnail,

I've just re-read what I said earlier. Of course, if you're happy to post your photo here, then do so. A few others may well like to have a go at turning you into a Futurama chatacter.

Who could this be?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	old-man.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	134663  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

whoever he is, he still has a nice head of hair

not everyone wants to have their photo displayed on a public forum
    indubitably

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	those people who think 1.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	134664
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    @Spektra13. Received your email I went down the email route because not everyone wants to have their photo displayed on a public forum, and flicking files around the world is quicker by email.

My plan of action id for you to send me the photo you want as a cartoon. I, being lazy, will remove the background, throw it at Prima and MediaChance software to produce comic, sketch, pencil...you get the idea. Display them on a private website where you can pick and choose as many as you like. I'll zip 'em up, and you can use Xara to manipulate at your convenience.

I usually explain any steps that goes off in the background, so that anyone in the future can follow what happened. In the case, there won't be much to say.
    Yeah, I mean, I did already in a round-about way already post a photo of myself here so I'd be happy to post it in case anyone else wants to mess around and turn me into a cartoon, but if anyone is going to make me a futurama character at least give me two eyes and make me skinny lol . As far as the banner WIP being empty, I'm not sure why that's happening since I can see it in my Xara program. And whatever you give me won't go to anyone else. If anything it'll be my pops and I messing around with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Who could this be?
    Did you make that? It's excellent, as soon as I saw it my first thought was Jeff Bridges. Not sure why my mind went there but, yeah, lol My dad asked "Is that you?" My sister said it looks like Colonel Sanders

I've attached the images I used and I'll let everyone have at it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cropped-Half-Body_0455_02-29-2024_01.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	220.5 KB 
ID:	134666 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hest_Set-Half Body_0468_02-29-2024_01.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	198.9 KB 
ID:	134667