Ahh, yep, I understand the twin view thing now. I don't mind the flicking from mobile to main much. I Prüfer that to cutting the screen in half. Having the ability to break off a window and pop it on another screen would be ideal though (which has been requested before).

That's exactly what I did with the template. Made the Xara one how I wanted and saved as a template. I went as far as editing the XML file, so I can use my own on the right click menu.

Your mistrust in what's happening on the mobile variant has perfect timing. I converted the hero image to SVG and swapped it for the fuzzy JPEG (pic1). Here's, roughly, how it went:
Dropped the SVG into the project.
Dragged it into the block and moved it behind the JPEG.
Deleted the JPEG.
Went to the mobile and moved the SVG into place.

When I went to preview, the word 'Xara' had disappeared. I had a blank, blue rectangle. The conversion had made the white circle transparent. So, I simply made a white circle, dropped it into the block, moved it behind the SVG, like a normal person would.

Now when I preview I have a white circle, no Xara word (insert confused emoji).

I then did all sorts of of moving, deleting, inserting, swearing, pleading and threatening. Finally, I changed the colour of the backgound and, lo and behold, on preview, the Xara lettering had duplicated and squashed itself into three places.

The background was always Stretch To Full Width. When I removed that, everything worked. I went to the mobile and, once again, the whole block had taken the hump and ran off to sulk at -5000 on the Y scale. I deleted the whole project, restored from an earlier backup and tried to determine where it all went pear shaped.

Repeating the above steps, I determined that when I replaced the JPEG with the SVG, the background on the mobile variant decided it didn't want to be full width anymore, and reduced its height to about a third of what it was before. Now, as soon as I did anything on the main variant, the block on the mobile variant ran away to play hide and seek.

The problem was rectified by doing the steps, but as soon as I deleted the JPEG, I went to the mobile, resized the background to its original size and made it full width again.

I was going to post a project file to show everyone, but what do you know, I couldn't make it repeat the problem. I suppose I could use one from a backup, but I've Xara'd enough for today, and I'm going to do something less stressful, like lion taming.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Logo.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	4.0 KB 
ID:	134748