Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: North East SPCA

Threaded View

Default Re: North East SPCA

On page speed I’m in the higher amber ranges.
    Bill, that puzzles me. On both your site above and the museum one your scores appear to be knocked down because of the 'Largest Contentful Paint' namely the puppy photo which is tiny. It's only 11Kb. It could be the distance from UK to Canada but I very much doubt it. Perhaps it's your server provider?

As an example I have set up a test page (Main & Mobile) using your contents of your index page minus a navbar. I've published it, link below.

Using Page Speed Index I get a very high score for this copy of your index page. So it puzzles me why yours is low and has such a delay. 3.7 seconds!

Try my mock of your index page and compare the two on Page Speed Index.

A couple of points that may change the results is my sites have compress text, html, javascript, css, xml: within the global .htaccess page as there is also global text, image compression.

Also look at the number of calls there are for images. These calls can be reduced fairly moderately by combining multiple images into one image. The overall image size wont be reduced but the call on the server is. For example the 3 volunteer images served as 1 and also the 8 sponsors images served as 1. As attached below.

MOCKUP

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	110.8 KB 
ID:	134630   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sponsors.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	134631  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	volunteers.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	128.4 KB 
ID:	134632  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host